Santander, Spain!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Madrid!

¡HOLA MIS FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!
The flight to Madrid was an intresting one.
I spent a night in Queens New york after missing my connecting flight to Madrid due to inclimate weather.
(Pictures of Queens will come later)
Queens is much nicer in the day than at night, Nontheless I am happy I had the opportunity to experience Queens for myself.


Above Barajas Airport in Madrid.

I am now in Madrid at the Mona Husa Hotel.
So far I have visited the Prado and seen the Palace Real.

We´ve Spent the past two days wandering around.
Iv mett loads of people and seen lots of lovely and intresting places.
I love the streets in this city, and the tiny auto´s
Its remarkable the hush that falls over the city streets every day at siesta time.
The Lighting is just lovely
Above Calle Princesa
The restuarntes and the botiques are all usually small and you can see the
pride of ownership in the peoples faces.
A few of us, We ate at a small cafeteria and the owner asked us questions about where we were from and what we were doing in Madrid. He was very kind and offered us a special spainish dish on the house.
It was a potato and fish dish, very yummy.
Before we left he was kissing me on the cheeks and making jokes about trading palces with the fellas in the group and
going back to the states with me and julia. (Apartments above street shops )

Above Paul de New Zealand
I stupidly forgot to turn off my flash, and got lots of nasty stares after snapping this photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home